Thursday, August 30, 2012

Easy Day

After a cup of bad camp coffee, We started this morning with a long, cold descent from the pass. Breakfast was chocolate chip cookies served by the Chelan VFD at a little rest stop 14 miles down the road.

20 minutes later we stopped for lunch at the 59er Diner. The waitresses are all named "Flo." I had a huge banana pancake, a slab of ham, and one egg over easy. I recommend it.

We pedaled down busy Rte 2 past fruit orchards to Wenatchee Confluence State Park, a pleasant enough place to camp tucked away behind an ugly industrial area.

After a much needed shower and shave, we dropped our panniers and rode into town for a calorie rich supper. Somehow we scammed free pie from the server for dessert.

Back in camp, while I was patching yesterday's flat tube, BJ discovered that my front tire was now flat, a victim of the dreaded goat's head thorn.

As long as I had the patch kit out...

My odometer now reads 132.9 miles.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ah, yes, the dreaded "goat's head" thorn -- I grew up with them in the Texas "Panhandle". They are decidedly unpleasant, though I didn't know they could puncture a bike tire. Yipes!

      Delete