Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Sadness and Seattle



We had an eventful day of travel (Is there any other kind?) but I don't have time to go into it all just now.

We spent today in Seattle. This morning we visited the REI mothership, mean flagship store where I bought a couple of bungee cords and a folding tire to carry as a spare. Then we had lunch (thanks, Hardball!) at the Sky City Restaurant, a revolving restaurant atop the Space Needle.

In the midst of all this tourist activityI received phone calls and text messages with the heartbreaking news that Bob had died. You may not know Bob, but he was a good guy, a solid church member. I never spent an unpleasant moment in his presence. Bob always had a cogent comment about my Sunday sermons. I'll miss him.

I am doubly saddened by the fact that I cannot preside at his funeral. Pastor Chris will do an excellent job, I know. Still...

This afternoon we reassembled our bikes and then took a short shakedown ride with Hardball's 12 year old son Orrin who set a blistering pace.

Tomorrow we ride.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch...for a "CEO" a sabbatical/saturnal is a kind of double-edged sword. Requiescas in pace, Roberte. Sympathies to all.

    ReplyDelete