Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Hemingway Would Have Liked Spencer's

Apparently there was a wildfire near Shelby that closed the eastbound highway after we left. We were fortunate to get out ahead of it.

Melanie has been teasing me that I must not be in Montana because I haven't seen an antelope yet. Last night I emailed her a photograph of the first antelope I saw. It was on the wall at the Grand Bar at Chester.

"Grand" is a bit of an exaggeration. "Sufficient" is more accurate. My broasted chicken dinner was filling and acceptable.

This morning I finally saw a pair of live antelope on the north side of Route 2.

It was 33 degrees Fahrenheit when we woke ip this morning. The content of my water bottles was liquid. Cold, but liquid.

After breakfast at Spud's Cafe we set out on a 62.75 mile ride to Havre, MT. It's pronounced "haver," as in "one who has." My tires had not arrived at the Post Office but should be here in the morning.

Our lunch stop was Spencer's at Hingham, an honest bar, clean and well-lighted.

We have ridden about 889 miles in 15 days.

I think.

I'm tired.

Our tent site at the Havre RV Park was a little pricey ($23.58) but includes great showers, a pool, sauna, and hot tub.

1 comment:

  1. Brant,

    This is a great adventure. Feel like I'm livin' the dream and I don't have to get tired or sweaty.

    Keep it up! I love to read about your trip.

    Terri Swegle

    ReplyDelete