Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Webster to Watertown

I had a good night of sleep in the Webster city park. It was quiet and I pulled my stocking cap down over my eyes to block the lights.

We were awake before construction started on the new pool for the day.

Webster's has a Casey's General Store, the first we've seen since this trip began, a sign that we are closer to home.

We took State Route 25 south out of Webster to Route 20. The day warmed quickly. The sun was bright. The winds were mild and mostly favorable. It made for an easy day of cycling.

We saw more waterfowl today including Canada geese, and, I think, coots, and a pelican.

Today's distance was a short 48 miles to Watertown, but there isn't much else in striking distance. The last few miles into town were along a pretty, paved bike path.

We have made camp in the Lake City Park campground on the shores of Lake Kampseka. I'm looking forward to my shower and shave and a good night of sleep.

I'm writing this post after a truly yummy meal at Lunker's, a fine restaurant by the lake just less than a mile from our campsite.

Trip distance: 1762 miles.

Making camp in Watertown

6 comments: