Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Nathan

Nathan H. Clements is my nephew and godson. He is also (and I say this without undue bias) a fine human being.

Nathan is the program director for Badlands Ministries Bible Camp, 4 miles south of Medora, North Dakota.

Nate called a couple of weeks ago and extended the invitation for BJ and I to come visit the camp.

Tonight we are staying in the spanky new (opened in October 2011) retreat center. We are, literally, the only people here.

We used the kitchen to prepare a meal for ourselves. It is amazing how delicious a box of spaghetti, a jar of Prego sauce, two cans of water-packed chicken breast, and a can each of pears and green beans can taste. We found a little shredded cheese and a pat of butter in the fridge to season our meal.

Nathan also authorized us to use the laundry and we have washed literally every item of clothing we brought along.

Thanks, Nathan!


2 comments:

  1. The family resemblence is pretty striking. Being the perverse soul that I am, I love the conjunction of "Badlands" with "Ministries and Bible Camp" -- perhaps your nephew will make them better.

    That being said, when I finally managed to see the "Badlands" myself, as a Texan I laughed heartily. In the worst imagining, that neck of the woods might be described as the "Eversoslightlylessthanideallands".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have said for a long time that the badlands aren't really bad. They're just painted that way.

    ReplyDelete