Sunday, September 9, 2012

More Secrets

I smell bad. I am beginning to reconsider my decision not to carry deodorant.

When people ask me why I am riding my bicycle from Seattle to Illinois I don't always have a ready answer.

It is much easier to change a tire with warm fingers.

I used the word "oleaceous" for Cindy W's sake. I hope I spelled it correctly.

Melanie keeps the map and posts most of the photos. Thank you!

I may be the only person who finds the "Mother's Little Helper" post amusing. Neither BJ nor our server Danni at the Izaak Walton Inn seemed to get it.

The Rolling Stones have too few fans these days.

There are a lot of false descents in the mountains. Your eyes tell you that you are going downhill. Your legs, lungs, and speedometer disagree.

Izaak Walton Hotel
A Glacier National Park famous red bus

"Grandeur"
From the pass





1 comment:

  1. No worries, Brant -- I found the "mother's little helper" post amusing (I wasn't thinking of the Stones, just generally).

    Oh ho ho -- you're on the other side of the continental divide! All down hill frome there, at least if you're water.

    ReplyDelete