Thursday, September 13, 2012

Joey

Joey Gonzales is on a mission. The goals are a little vague and the itinerary is, shall we say, flexible. We met him last night in Havre.

Joey is traveling across the northern U.S. and Canada in a blue Geo Metro sporting a bumper sticker that says "JESUS IS ________." In small print it advertises a website, jesusis.org

The website belongs to City Church in Kirkland,WA. I can't sign off on their theology, but I can say that the front page of the site is inviting and interesting. It asks us all to fill in the blank. Jesus is....

Joey prayed with us and took our pictures before we left Havre this morning.

We stopped for a snack at Chinook and a little while later, as we pedaled along, a blue Metro pulled alongside and slowed down. Joey yelled out the window, "I'm going ahead to take your picture."

He pulled out at a wide spot and snapped a photo as we rode by. Then drove past us, pulled over again and took more photos.

"Take care," he called after us.

"You, too," I said. "Send me the pics!"

"I will!"

He did

Joey believes that God brought us together. Who am I to argue?

2 comments:

  1. Amen. First view we've seen of your bikes. Holy crap! Your bikes look like pedal driven pack mules! I found it hard to imagine what you're doing beforehand; now I'm totally astonished!

    ReplyDelete